ATTENTION: WE NOW HAVE AN HOA MEMBERS ONLY SITE

IF YOU'RE AN HOA MEMBER PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEW SITE MONTEREYVILLAS.ORG

Recent Comments

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Association Meeting Tomorrow

Mark your schedule, our monthly meeting will be held tomorrow night 7pm in the clubhouse. I'm not entirely sure what is going to be discussed being that the agenda for the meeting still has not been posted.

From what I can recall from the last meeting and from some e-mails this is what I think will be talked about:

  • Finances, aka our new budget
  • Parking Permits
  • Security Cameras
  • Lighting
  • Cinco de Mayo Party
  • ...and I believe a representative from Coin Mach is to be in attendance.
I know its not just me but don't you really feel that Beacon Property is leaving us all uninformed? From what I can recall Charity mentioned to us that there are new laws requiring that meeting agendas be posted prior to our monthly meetings, I know we get our newsletters every month with our statement but really that just recaps what went on at the last meeting.

I think I'm going to spend some time researching HOA laws because shit here is really starting to stink and I think I have an idea of where its coming from.

14 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your blog, this is the only way we renters can get any info about the community in which we live. It's nice to be informed. How can we get the monthly newsletter? It's obviously sent to the owner (in our case the converter) so we tenants are uninformed.

Thanks for all of your useful info!!

Cyrus said...

Thank you,

Like I've said before this site was created as a communication tool amongst all residents. I'm always taking peoples input to make this site better. I can only hope that it encourages unity amongst all of you who read it. As far as getting the newsletter we'll I'm not sure how that would work, thats something you should call Charity about. What I can tell you is that thanks to some suggestions and some volunteers I going to be developing another tool for everyone to utilize on the site. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet but I'm sure you'll like what you see in the next couple of days.

Unknown said...

I'll be at the meeting tomorrow to address the mold issue I and other residents have had in our bathrooms.

Anonymous said...

gman,

Add me to your list the mold is spreading rather quickly. I think its from the developers going the cheap route when they built our places.

Anonymous said...

Cyrus or Social Committee,
I'd be happy to put up a flyer for Cinco de Mayo PArty in the Glass case, but the color on my printer is not that great, if any one can get me a copy, I'll put it up

Anonymous said...

does anyone know what time the homeowner portion of the meeting will start at tonight? I'd rather not spend an hour sitting there listening to the board members not making important decisions.

Anonymous said...

Last meeting they ran through things rather quickly and it left more time for homeowners and committees to speak. I would suggest showing up at 7 because people who come in late usually vent about topics that were already discussed or resolved. Being that this meeting has a huge effect on parking I'm going to make sure that I'm there to voice my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Anyone have pictures of the mold in the bathrooms?

Anonymous said...

Im sorry i will not be able to attend the meeting this week. However two out of the 4 units in my direct building area are also having mold issues. Once the meeting is over i would love to know what was said regarding this disgusting situation. Thanks cyrus for making this available to us!

Anonymous said...

The lights are out at building p and q and no one called to report it. I hurt my ankle walking down the dark stairs and called the management company. I want someone out here tonight to fix this problem.

Anonymous said...

Well the lights are still out and I left 2 messages for charity. someone needs to call the office and report this Joe where are you safety committee? The parking area the stairwells and the walkway are all dark at P and Q. somehow 1 stairway on Q is lit. I think we need to look at another property management company. This isn't working.

Anonymous said...

I sent several emails as well, I'm all for that idea. Sorry but I can only do so much this one is out of my hands. Charity needs to have an electrician come out asap.

Anonymous said...

I've had my porch light on all weekend to help give a little light, it would help if more residents left theirs on until the problem was fixed.

Anonymous said...

I second the motion of looking into a different property management company... one that handles their buisness more professionally.