ATTENTION: WE NOW HAVE AN HOA MEMBERS ONLY SITE

IF YOU'RE AN HOA MEMBER PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEW SITE MONTEREYVILLAS.ORG

Recent Comments

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Here's a Long Shot

Tonight I took a late stroll to the mailbox and noticed that the tennis court lights were on. It was great to see that the court was in use and even better to see that all the lights were working (the nets could use a little help). Anyways, that's something different. As I looked at the two courts I thought to myself, with as much room as we have here we should turn one of these sides into a basketball court. Not sure if it was my architectural background talking or the extra adrenaline in my blood from watching the Lakers win another one; either way I did realize that this could be possible.
I don't get out to the tennis courts as much as I should, but rarely have I ever seen both courts in use at the same time. I like to play tennis and by no means am I a Roger Federer, but are two courts really necessary? Could those die hard tennis players here at MV get by with just one court? Are there any die hard tennis players here? Then again, is there anyone here who would like to shoot some hoops every now then? Please understand this, I'm not talking any NBA style regulation backboards, two Big 5 Portable Hoops would be nice to have.

5 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

I like the portable basketball hoops idea. At my work we have 2 tennis courts, one for tennis, and one for b-ball.

Keeping the lights on looks nice too.

Anonymous said...

That would be great if we had a B-ball court, the only reason I still go to 24hr Fitness is because we don't have a court.

Anonymous said...

I actually use the courts on a regular basis and have never had both courts be busy at the same time. I wouldn't mind if one was converted to basketball.

Cyrus, on another matter - vandalism. The car three spots down from me got broken into recently. I am now personally aware of at least eight cars that have been broken into in the last year, some more than once. Since gates seem to be a physical impossibility and security cameras won't actually stop the vandalism, can we start a discussion about building garages? It's a permanent solution to a persistent problem - why is no one considering this? I can't imagine that it would cost more than about $300,000 to $500,000 to build since we already have the concrete foundations and would just need the structures. Can you put something up on the blog seeing if people would be interested in this?

Cyrus said...

The parking garages were brought up once awhile back but they were shot down quicker than the security gates due to code and cost. But since this is a blog for the people I will put up a new poll per your request. I would suggest that bringing this up at the next meeting.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the two tennis courts, one of the reasons I bought here is because of the 2 tennis courts. I have been playing tennis for 20 years and still loving it. I disagree putting a basket ball court next to a tennis court since tennis requires quietness for concentration. Besides. the two tennis courts looks really nice the way it is architechally and they have been resurfaced recently by the builder. Other communities in Irvine have more than 2 tennis courts and they get used all the times. I play on these two courts 3 times a week. The tennis courts need some maintenances like trimming the trees away from the courts so the leaves wont fall on the courts. We need 4 chairs/ one trash can, one squeegy, a broom, a water fountain and a net trap.