ATTENTION: WE NOW HAVE AN HOA MEMBERS ONLY SITE

IF YOU'RE AN HOA MEMBER PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEW SITE MONTEREYVILLAS.ORG

Recent Comments

Friday, February 1, 2008

No BBQ's, WTF!

Yesterday I read through the monthly newsletter and I was shocked to see that we are not allowed to store BBQ's on our balconies. What the hell is this all about? What's a balcony without a BBQ? As an avid BBQ'er, I am totally against this. I must admit that it looks tacky when someone stores a bunch of crap, like boxes, or trash, on their balcony, but not a BBQ. Where do they expect us to store them when they're not in use? How could the board approve of this? Being resident's you would think they'd understand our situation; we only have electric stoves, and there is nothing better than food cooked on an open fire. This just doesn't make much sense too me and I will make sure that this is given some attention at our next Association meeting.

5 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

I agree that BBQ's should be allowed. I've had a grill on my patio since we moved in (Oct 06). The convenience of walking out to your patio and grilling up a steak is nice. It's too long of a walk to go to the pool area to grill up two steaks... and what if someone is using the one and only grill over there?

Cyrus said...

Ridiculous isn't it, I'm not moving my BBQ. They can fine me for all I care. It goes hand in hand with Satellite Dishes. They send our bills every month with the line saying that owners with satellite dishes not on tripods will be fined, I think there needs to be another vote on these two matters.

Anonymous said...

The no BBQ rule is the Community Codes & Rules & Regulations packet or CD when you purchased your unit. They are too great of an insurance liability to have directly beneath wood balconies.

Cyrus said...

What about for those who live upstairs? When I cook, I always go to the open part of my balcony.

Anonymous said...

I also agree. When I heard that BBQ's were not allowed according to CCRs, I thought we have to change that. The whole liability issue is ridiculous and should not be used as argument. WE MUST CHANGE THIS to protect our rights as homeowners. I live in an upper unit, but that shouldn't matter.