ATTENTION: WE NOW HAVE AN HOA MEMBERS ONLY SITE

IF YOU'RE AN HOA MEMBER PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEW SITE MONTEREYVILLAS.ORG

Recent Comments

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It Never Hurts to Ask...

Around noon today I noticed a group of three males walking around our complex, every so often they would stop, point at the buildings and talk to each other. My first instinct told me that these guys were thieves casing the area seeing who was home during the day. But, as I got a better view of them I recognized one of the guys from the association meetings. I decided to approach him and asked if anything was wrong. He said "No," and explained to me that he is a member of our newly formed Safety Committee and was doing a walk-through with a security camera company. I thought, sweet we're getting cameras installed. But, he explained to me that he was simply getting a bid from the company and hopes to have three bids ready for this months meeting.

I have a better feeling knowing that some action is finally being taken. I guess its just going to be up to us and the board to approve it. Hopefully those bids are ready for our next meeting or we're going to be waiting on a decision like the laundry contract. I remember the new contract was first brought up at our November meeting and still no decision.

4 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

The truth of the matter is that 3 of the 5 members of the board work for the "Converter". Until they cede control getting things done will be very slow going. The benefit that we have with them here is that when things are completed, the money spent comes from Pacifica and not our reserves. We just need to be patient.

Cyrus said...

Sounds like you have some insider info, care to share any more?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, didn't mean to scare anyone but it was the only time the security company could meet with me. Cyrus the polls that you have on the front page are perfect for the security committee, they will help give us stats to present during meetings. I do have one favor to ask, is there any way possible you could make a poll or ask people as to where they have had their vehicles broken into. That way we could determine the problem areas in our complex.

Cyrus said...

No need to be sorry, but I'll try to think of something to help you guys out.